Young Orchids food?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here’s another pic. He’s moved around a lot today!  685EA9F3-0B3E-4EA7-A4FC-E20EB4C258F2.jpeg

Thanks @MantisGirl13

im going to take your advice with the sheet idea. The thing is, though, it’s been raining every evening for the past couple nights. But as soon as it stops, I’ll definitely give it a shot. 

Update (probably final) 

both mantids are are doing great, the female is still very healthy and active, and catching her own food. 

The male, on the other hand, is still very keen on me feeding him. I was able to catch some flies/moths, but he isn’t even interested. He only eats the food that I give him, which I think is adorable. He’s doing great, though. I am very excited, because today, he used his claws to grab the toothpick I use to feed him. It might not sound like anything important, but he hadn’t been moving his raptorals since I got him, and seeing him strike at his prey is very reassuring. I was beginning to believe that he lost the ability to move his claws  

heres a pic of him holding the toothpick as he’s eating:

63118829-AC10-4FBB-839F-10DB4C134057.jpeg

Great to hear they are doing well and that the male has started to grab at his "prey." He may eventually take whole or cut up insects from you if you offer with tweezers or feeding tongs.

I have a couple of mantids that prefer to be hand fed rather than catching prey themselves but they will hunt if they get hungry enough.