Yup! Im Hooked! I got a new one :)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macromatt

Reaction score
These creatures are amazing. I knew it wouldn't be long until I got another after having watched my Orchid grow.

I would like you all to meet Cleo, our 3rd Instar Female Creobroter elongata :)

The personality of this one is so different to the Orchid. The orchid is much more slow and dosile, where as this species is quite frankly of its head haha, so active, jumping everywhere, very inquisitive!!!

Matt

Creobroter elongata by mattd85, on Flickr

Creobroter elongata #2 by mattd85, on Flickr

Creobroter elongata #3 by mattd85, on Flickr

Nice picture nice addition. I gotta ask ...what is she eating?

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice Matt, congrats on the new pet. :D

Glad to see a response as to what it is eating, I was going to ask. ;) So how many species and mantises you up to now?

Just two..........for now the orchid and the creo.

any suggestions for others , I want some bigger ones and some real beautiful looking ones :)

Just two..........for now the orchid and the creo.

any suggestions for others , I want some bigger ones and some real beautiful looking ones :)
Some larger mantises of the species I actually have are... Double Shield mantises (Pnigomantis medioconstricta) are 3.75" (9cm), Griffin mantises (Polyspilota griffinii) about 5" (12.7cm), and the classic Chinese mantis (Tenodera sinensis) 4" (11cm). All sizes are of the larger females. ;)

Latest posts