}{@z3's mantis log

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazed_shaman

Reaction score
All my mantid are fat and healthy. the finally idolo molted today to an l3 so now instead of having a broad range of l2 to l4 in my large community vivarium i now only have l3s and l4s. my ghost ooths should be hatching hopefully in the next 2 weeks or so and i have been making fruitfly cultures for the past month in preparation. Havent been to the post office yet but my myster mantis' have come from mantis place and am very excited to see whats inside.

will keep everyone updated from time to time.

just opened my package from mantisplace.com and they def are a mystery literally. Anyone who has not become a forum supporter should 2nite!!!! lol Sarah was a pleasure to work with and my shipment was definately full of more surprizes then just the mystery. setting up there deli cups would take picture but that would take away from the mystery.

Mad sure off it. Misted them last nite wen they went into there new enclosures. I'm gunna be reallly busy here shorlty.. lots of mypmhs and seedlings that will need tending 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
my heterochaeta is an l3 now! also pupea started hatching today and the idolos are stuffed. thanks again sarah. www.mantisplace.com A++ highly recommended . i would post pictures but i cant seem to figure out whats going on

Had 7 l2 ghost arrive yesterday from patrickfraser. All arrived in excellent condition minus alittle thirst. My mystery mantids have all moltd alrdy. A brown recluse found a way into my idolo cage and managed to take one down but I could see not with out a fight. One front raptorial was stuck in the abdomen of the recluse. The made it harder for him to get away thus meeting his demise with the bottom of a shoe. Down to 4 now..... I think I only have 1 female left.... in a few months I know ill be shopping a round for a female or 2

. If anyone is interested in trying their hand at growing carnivorous plant I still have some sarracenia purpurea seeds available. This species is very hardy and can be grown outdoors if proper soil conditions apply

Happy holidays everyone!

}{@z3

sorry. Thanks hibiscus. On another note one of my ghost ooths started hatching tonight. Even with proper misting and temperature they are hatching slowly.... :\ my only female idolo has now molted. Some of the ghost that patrick sent have molted into an l3 as well. Thanks for following along. Am still unable to get pictures up due to me not being smarter than my smart phone lol but hopefully I will hav a digital camera soon to where I can actually post pictures. Happy holidays to all.

Latest posts