Zoe's First Nymphs

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It can hatch up to 200 nymphs I believe. (swear I've read it somewhere...)

My girlfriend is going to hate me =(

Cool. I'm expecting a Rhombodera hatch, and I've been told 32 oz won't cut it. I got 1 M.Paykulii female, - they're pretty neat. With only 1 though, don't really know what to do with her - She just hangs out =0
32 oz is perfect for these. Don't know why it was compared to Rhombodera.

Update! New pics, I fed them all and here's Nathan Explosion and Murderface eating :)

+1 internet who gets it. ;)

NathanExplosion.jpg

Murderface.jpg

Ok.... :rolleyes: so I'm old and have no earthly idea who these guys are (band, I'm assuming). :p Oh well..... B)
It's a fictional band called Dethklok, they have a show on Adult Swim that is hilarious (IMO) and their names are Nathan Explosion (singer), Toki Wartooth (rythm guitar), Skwisgaar Skwigelf (lead guitar), William Murderface (bass), and Pickles the Drummer (just guess). They were created by this guy Brendan Small, and he made them up to be a band that became more famous than the Beatles. And they're pretty funny :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You probably want to put a folded paper towel on the bottom (to hold moisture and prevent drowning) and to put a few sticks in there. They make all the difference. ;)

Lol metalocalypse is pretty funny... Anyone remember squidbillies on adult swim??? (I don't mean to hijack this thread, really :p )

Zoe, cute pics!

My Carolina ooth finally finished hatching after about 10 days, and it hatched about 35 babies. A few of them have molted already. It was overwhelming at first but we are on a good schedule now! The best part is their mother is still alive, so she got to see her babies. Not that she cared, of course, but I got a picture of their containers next to each other :D

Rebecca

It's a fictional band called Dethklok, they have a show on Adult Swim that is hilarious (IMO) and their names are Nathan Explosion (singer), Toki Wartooth (rythm guitar), Skwisgaar Skwigelf (lead guitar), William Murderface (bass), and Pickles the Drummer (just guess). They were created by this guy Brendan Small, and he made them up to be a band that became more famous than the Beatles. And they're pretty funny :)
I guess I'm still back in the Spinal Tap days, lol. :D

punk.gif

Zoe, cute pics!My Carolina ooth finally finished hatching after about 10 days, and it hatched about 35 babies. A few of them have molted already. It was overwhelming at first but we are on a good schedule now! The best part is their mother is still alive, so she got to see her babies. Not that she cared, of course, but I got a picture of their containers next to each other :D

Rebecca
Congrats on your S. carolina hatching, Rebeccca! ;)

Zoe, cute pics!My Carolina ooth finally finished hatching after about 10 days, and it hatched about 35 babies. A few of them have molted already. It was overwhelming at first but we are on a good schedule now! The best part is their mother is still alive, so she got to see her babies. Not that she cared, of course, but I got a picture of their containers next to each other :D

Rebecca
Oh how cuuute! How big are the hatchlings? I'm expecting my Carolina ooth to hatch within the next week-2 weeks.

I wanna see yours!

Lol metalocalypse is pretty funny... Anyone remember squidbillies on adult swim??? (I don't mean to hijack this thread, really :p )
I still watch Squidbillies, it's on every night at midnight-thirty my time.

Fave episode: Lil has babies, and only one survives. Early names him Herschel Walker Cuyler and he has a cute little "Whoo!"

Herschel Walker: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsu49aCOY0g

Last edited by a moderator:
New picture! I was playing with the biggest of the 4 (Murderface died T_T ) and I tried to take some good pics, it kinda worked. I only got one good pic. <_< Anyhoo, tada!

theonlygoodone.jpg

I'm so jealous, I got mine from fatal_mantis too and none have molted yet, though my hatch-out was great.

And just to let you know, around some of the Metalocalypse communities, there's a legend of pet mishaps for similarly named critters. Nothing good comes of naming animals after the bandmembers. Generally speaking they've all died prematurely and in some fantastic ways. Talk about an IRL 'Curse of Dethklok', haha.

Latest posts