Zoe's Little Announcement

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZoeRipper

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I just wanted to say that I'm taking a break from mantids for a while. I've begun running a very small rat rescue, and it's taking up most, if not all, of my time. I have 2 cages right now, and my max number of rats I can have (including my personal crew) is 10. Right now, I have 3 ratties, and even that is taking up ALOT of time.

In case you're wondering how 3 little rodents can take up sooooo much time, here's a little peek into my day.

8:30am Wake up. Top off food bowls and change water bottles.

9:00am Scrambled eggs, or hardboiled eggs. Share with the rats.

9:30am Spot clean the cages. This means put on a rubber glove, get a little plastic cup, pick up each individual little rat-raisin from the cage, and when I'm done, dump it into the outside trash-can.

10:00am Socializing Beauty. (I rescued this girl from being a feeder. She's extremely nervous, and squeaks when you pick her up. She went to the vet Tuesday and is being treated for mites.)

11:00am Housecleaning duties, unrelated to rats.

12:00pm Lunch time! Spaghetti, fruits, veggies, yogurt, all shared with the rats.

1:00pm My resting time. Or errand time. Or if I'm not tired, have no errands to run, I go on a walk around the neighborhood (yay exercise!)

2:00pm School's about to be out, getting ready to pick up kids.

2:30pm Picking up kids.

3:00pm More spot-cleaning. Marvel at the amount of poops 3 rats can make.

4:00pm Group-socializing Beauty. Getting her used to being around multiple people.

5:00pm Dinner! Of course, share with the rats.

6:00pm Sewing time. Making hammocks and such to sell to help with vet bills.

7:00pm Attempting to get a job. Applying EVERYWHERE.

8:00pm Apologizing to Lady and Bug for ignoring them all day, give them about 2 hours of out-of-cage time.

10:00pm Winding down and SLEEEEEP.

So anyhoo. I will still be logging onto the forum, adding my two cents here and there, but I won't be keeping any more mantids. A large majority of mine are dead. ######.

Well, just thought I'd let you guys know!

Yep, I do! One of the perks of not going to school.
Why not going to school? If you want my advice I would say to either let school or job searching take up most of your day. Don't be like me and decide to go back to school when you are in your 30's. Believe me, you will be there before you know it.