Zoe's Official Photo Thread

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZoeRipper

Reaction score
Instead of making multiple threads, I've decided to do just this one. I wish I could condense and delete my other threads, but I don't think I can..

Anyhoo.

On to the pics.

This is my freshly molted L4 H membranacea nymph.

Quite the cutie.

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

Here's one of the little nymphs on the day they arrived, I just love his/her eyes.

IMG_0960.jpg

And here's one I like just because of the pink eyes.

IMG_0963.jpg

More to come, eventually!

New pics time!

Here's Skwisgaar, my biggest M paykullii. Anyone know what the deal is with the black dots on her back? They showed up after this last molt. Hubby and I's guess is perhaps the wings developing for adulthood? Maybe?

IMG_1030.jpg

And now here's fat little Flapjack just after guzzling a cricket.

I just HAD to get a pic or two of that giant abdomen.

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

Here's some pics of shed skins from my H membranaceas (Thanks again, Becky! They're doing great!)

IMG_1035.jpg

IMG_1036.jpg

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_1039.jpg

Continued...

Last but not least (of mantis pics), poor little Brock. He started vomiting as well, and I tried everything that you guys told me from the "controversial" thread, to no avail. Poor little guy. He was really weak, and so I put him out of his misery tonight.

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1034.jpg

Two non-mantis pics, but still technically a "Bug"! She was being quite photogenic yesterday, and I had to share:

I love her curly whiskers! She's such a sweetie!

IMG_1022.jpg

Look at her wrinkles!

IMG_1010.jpg

Alright, that's it for tonight!

Zoe, looks like overall, your animals are all doing great! :D Glad to hear it. ;) Sorry about Brock... but things like this do happen unfortunately. The shed skins are always interesting to me. Aren't they neat? And love the hairless little boogie pics, she does look pretty cute! :wub:

Nice photos. It's good that you're keeping records of your mantids! As Becky said, things that are beyond our control do happen. Out of the many mantids that you keep, there's bound to be a few that will vomit and eventually die. Some make it though.

New pics time!Here's Skwisgaar, my biggest M paykullii. Anyone know what the deal is with the black dots on her back? They showed up after this last molt. Hubby and I's guess is perhaps the wings developing for adulthood? Maybe?

IMG_1030.jpg
No worry about the black dot it is common and not injury. not 100% sure with the dorsal view but looks like a subadult!

Thanks everyone!

And yeah, I keep rather meticulous records on my mantids.

I have a journal specifically for it.

It goes

Date (m/dd/yy form)

Mantis name: watered/fed @ 12pm/am (insert correct time)

Mantis name: watered/fed @ 12pm/am

And on.

Giant Asian time!

Still no names for them..

I'm holding a contest on Rat Shack forums for people to name them.

Also, Kat, I've no idea what you're up to, but today there's 11 Giant Asians.

Did you put some sorta voodoo on me?!

IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

Continued...

We actually got some snow last night. Will be my dogs first time. This will likely be our only snow of the year.

Yen is correct on the black dots on your one mantis. The wing buds are further up and are quite obvious.

Giant Asian time!Still no names for them..

I'm holding a contest on Rat Shack forums for people to name them.

Also, Kat, I've no idea what you're up to, but today there's 11 Giant Asians.

Did you put some sorta voodoo on me?!
I must have missed this comment! I have no idea, Zoe! :lol: Are you sure they are all real nymphs and you didn't count a shed skin also? :p

Latest posts