Bugatorium

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
laugh.gif
an hour of feeding and cleaning time! come one, come all!

Boy I did a boo boo the other day! Packing an order for customer, and instead of using the mesh lid on some superworms, I used the cloth. Went in this morning and instead of there being 50 in the container, there are 30 missing? :blink: , found two in the shipping box, so that leave 28, one molted, so that leaves 27, oh where or where have my ugly worms gone, oh where oh where could they be, if I don't find them, and My hubby does, he'll chop off their heads and me! :(

I only ment to put them in there temp and I guess they decided that was long enough! :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL loose feeders drive me crazy.

At least they aren't all at the foot of your bed.

I have some superworms crawling all over the chameleon cages. They are very agile little boogers! They can get out of smaller holes than the crickets can from chameleon perches too. You wouldn't think they would be able to climb up stuff like that but they are crazy!

Must be why they call them Super, aside from their size!

I get the containers from a distruibtor, all over ohio! and I drill the holes with a drill, look back a few pages and there are pictures of the drill and hole saw!

So, this thread is my "go to" place for inspiration. I fly through the pics and posts and sort of gut-check myself. So many ideas born of necessity. Do you have any updates on the Bugatorium...?

Bad me, I never seem to finish ....

shipped 213 mantis today, not as tired as I thought I would be. Made myself clean up the Bugatorium before I went to make a tv dinner for myself. Ran out of dog food, so made Abby oatmeal and cinnamon bagel! ahahahah, hubby had leftover from yesterday, it was crab and scallops over angel hair pasta with white cheese sauce. Other than that, still waiting on my one wide are male to molt, Ismart said his got ate, will we ever have them in the US again? where Yen, must go see him..... :rolleyes:

Clinis humeralis male just molted to adult !

MVC-451F.jpg

I have just the one male and communicating with Ismart on it, we are desperate for a good male.

This little guy, Has a bad molt last time around, and I think it has been at least 6 weeks since then if not more. His two back legs were deformed and I have been hand feeding him, as he acted like his claws could not move around like they should. But lo and behold, he is a great actor as Yen would say ! I placed him in the little container this last week as I felt he would be getting ready to molt. I had him on my little fake plant and he has been living there all this time.

This is one of the ones I leave out, as they have no desire to move around, an not because he was :wheelchair: crippled, but because as long as food and water are available, they have no need to leave. Well after putting him in the little container, I stuck a bb in there because I wanted to see what would happen, and later it was gone. So I put another one in and then another two, humm, I say to myself, I have been duped! :rolleyes:

Well the other day, he stopped catching them, so I only misted him and his housing a couple times a day and this morning he became a mantis man! :wub: . His wings are not puffed up yet, but hopefully by end of day, he will be a new man! Can' wait to breed him, I have 5 females who have already laid an ooth apiece. :poop:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the little guy is doing ok, nothing special, but his wings filled out, maybe tomorrow he will eat. Paul, how many boys did you have out of the ones you got?

Latest posts