Bugatorium

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Delightfully clean and spacious bugroom you have created there, my girlfriend caught me looking at your pics and already said I can't have one, she did say it looked lovely though. Maybe I just need to work it some more..

Just taking a pic of some beauties in the Ghost Club! :lol:

MVC-462F.jpg

MVC-459F.jpg

MVC-461F.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty impresive Rebecca. I was gonna say how do you find time, wouldn't that get in your way of your job? But then...it is your job. Nice clean and sterile environment. You seem very detailed orientated in a good way. :)

As all the others have said what a nice bug room. I was wondering about the record you keep. How and what do you record

thanks

alex

Hi Alex, keep it all in me head! I started out keeping records, but with thousands to care for each day, I gave it all up, driveing me to drink it was! :lol: Like most, I would record, where purchased, how much, what purchased, hatching date or instar date, and molts then adults, and to this day, I only.... record adults and mating times, and ooth laying. Thats all I have time for. thanks!

Wow Rebeca you are amazing,and your bugatorium is beautiful.How do you heat them all? Love the ghost club :lol:

I also use heat tape. It's called Flexwatt heat tape. Do a google search, much easier to explain that way. I use it for the mealworms and whatnot that need the extra warmth.

Oh, it is 3" and is sold in 12" pieces or longer, u can cut it with scissors and u need a cord and some plastic snap thingies that u buy to close up the cord and then u tape it in the container, and plug it into the thermosat controller and set the dial to temp u want and it heats up and turns off, heats up and turns off, just like a hoouse heater, for a bug house :p

Worked 13 hrs yesterday to make houses and clean houses! Thought I would never get done, feet were screaming at me, and finally gray taped them to shut them up :lol:

Best part was going outside in the cold to collect branches!

MVC-476F.jpg

MVC-477F.jpg

Latest posts