Bugatorium

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While cleaning and feeding today, dumped a lot of flies from containers, and also dumped a big blue bottle fly, that I knew was still good to eat, (I didn't taste it) but still felt it was good as it was still walking around! So I continued to feed and dump and was looking at my garbage bin and wondering when they bb was gonna show so I could scoup him up, and I noticed this! Do U see it too?

OK, LOOK CLOSER

MVC-489F.jpg
So, THAT'S where the "Mystery Mantis" comes from! :lol:

Green Oasis, Bad girl :tt2:

I never could count them, and they OWN me! Probably 10,000 would be my guess! I go thru 3000 house flies a day, and 1000 bbs and untold fruit flies, then crickets! Oddly enough, only have at the most 10 house flies in the house a day loose! :lol: I think Hubby just gave in and is eating the rest :rolleyes:

It has bugged me (excuse pun) that I put there may be 10,000 mantis here, there may be, but I really do not know how many I have, u see they (come and go so quickly here) Wiz of Oz! I suppose it is in the thousand, but there is no way to count them. I just don't want to tell any stories that are not true :rolleyes: .

Here is update on the crickets! So far only less than 10 have died, that is a big difference than other places crickets. Also, the size of the sub adult and my first adult today is huge! I usually give the girls two adult crickets, in this bunch, I gave them one, it is so large, later will take pic to show you. So 2 good things, they are not dying off, not smelling due to the dying and are very fat heavy crickets. ;) So far, I will buy Rainbow crickets again.

Another update on crickets, I cannot believe these, they are turning adult, and are huge, when I feed everybody gets just one and I have to try and find the smallest too! Still just had one more die, never seen anything like them.

Another update on crickets, I cannot believe these, they are turning adult, and are huge, when I feed everybody gets just one and I have to try and find the smallest too! Still just had one more die, never seen anything like them.
pics pics pics! :)

Green Oasis, Bad girl :tt2:

I never could count them, and they OWN me! Probably 10,000 would be my guess! I go thru 3000 house flies a day, and 1000 bbs and untold fruit flies, then crickets! Oddly enough, only have at the most 10 house flies in the house a day loose! :lol: I think Hubby just gave in and is eating the rest :rolleyes:
sweetheart, you need a chameleon badly. when I get POed with too many houseflys or BB, I just let one or two of my chameleons roam free in the living room and bedroom.

the flys are so dumb, they go right for the chameleon to say hello. :p

Harry

It has bugged me (excuse pun) that I put there may be 10,000 mantis here, there may be, but I really do not know how many I have, u see they (come and go so quickly here) Wiz of Oz! I suppose it is in the thousand, but there is no way to count them. I just don't want to tell any stories that are not true :rolleyes: .
Usually you feed your girl mantids two adult crickets? Oh dear don't let my girls hear that or they will be moving back to your place. I don't even feed adult crickets anymore.

bad girl, sending message to my girls by telepath and they are sending to yours, as in the movie "signs" put some little aluminum foil hats on their heads by midnight, or they will know. :tt2:

Here is pics I said I would post, late as always, but here is the crickets...... maybe something else, really, I know Orin has some crickets, I wonder "Orin, are these as big as yours?

Dear me, they are big!

MVC-513F-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I seem to have gotten in the same crickets a few weeks ago. black, hardly jump at all. eat like mad.

maybe I'll let a few grow up to see how big they get. sadly, I have so many that require me to keep feeding them off while they are still small.

Harry

oh, no, they are not from rainbow.

there are quite a few other places that are selling the new black crickets. I just don't remember who I got them from.

again, I don't let them grow too much because I need to feed a bunch of small mantids and chameleons. so I ordered 2 or 3 week olds and for the most part have run out of them.

some people on the chameleon forum have said that they eat eachother if not enough food is given. so this could be the reason for the lack of evidance of dead crickets.

Harry

hummm, I see! they get plenty of dinner, always dry mix and at dinner time they get the scraps! :rolleyes: Hubby wanted them for hisself, but I said NO, these are for me bugs :lol:

Latest posts