26 hours and still no copulation.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lady4ryche

Reaction score
As soon as he seen the female. He jumped on her back from my hand. He was feeling around trying to copulation. But he couldnt figure it out. I think he gave up cause he stopped trying. But he won't get off her back. Surprisingly my female is cooperative like she doesn't care. What should i do? I've tried separating them but he won't budge. And since he the only male I've got right now.... last week I tried with a different female. And couldn't copulate. Sfter a couple hours of no action I was able to separate and remove him. But now he's gotta tight hold and won't release.

Attachments

• 17241446185796388084298482001722.jpg
    17241446185796388084298482001722.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
As soon as he seen the female. He jumped on her back from my hand. He was feeling around trying to copulation. But he couldnt figure it out. I think he gave up cause he stopped trying. But he won't get off her back. Surprisingly my female is cooperative like she doesn't care. What should i do? I've tried separating them but he won't budge. And since he the only male I've got right now.... last week I tried with a different female. And couldn't copulate. Sfter a couple hours of no action I was able to separate and remove him. But now he's gotta tight hold and won't release.

how old is he into being an adult? i would just separate them and try again another day

He's been an adult for about 6 weeks now
Sometimes they take longer.
You will always run a risk of sexual cannibalism, so my suggestion is to try again, coax him to jump on her back, and leave them alone for a few hours.
Sometimes they connect quickly and sometimes it can take days, depending on the species.

Based on your photo, then I can see he is interested in mating. Her passivity could be perceived as acceptance towards mating.

Latest posts