Bioactive 4x4x8 for ghost nymphs!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Set up the first enclosure today, will be setting up 3-4 of these to house L2/3 ghost nymphs.

Coco coir as substrate (on the dryer side)
bark/wood microwaved for a minute.
Thinking of a layer of mesh for the top, also what isn’t clear from the angle, is there is a twig/small pine cone hanging over the foreground as a place to hang from.

Placed an adult male European in it for the photo.

Can anyone give opinions/pointers on ways to potentially make this a better home?

Potential clean up crew for an enclosure this small?
6ECDCBB9-1448-42F8-859F-604CB3440A35.jpeg

Set up the first enclosure today, will be setting up 3-4 of these to house L2/3 ghost nymphs.

Coco coir as substrate (on the dryer side)
bark/wood microwaved for a minute.
Thinking of a layer of mesh for the top, also what isn’t clear from the angle, is there is a twig/small pine cone hanging over the foreground as a place to hang from.

Placed an adult male European in it for the photo.

Can anyone give opinions/pointers on ways to potentially make this a better home?

Potential clean up crew for an enclosure this small? View attachment 22421
Nice

Look who showed up last night 🥹🥹
Male and female ghost, I4 from Fatal Mantis!
They both happily munched on the cut end of a meal worm and had a tiny drop of honey. I have absolutely fallen in love with these tiny, so alien looking creatures. The way they dance and Bob back and forth watching me is so cute 😂💀

now that I have some captive bred “exotic” mantids, I feel awful for housing wild caught. I just remind myself that if I let them go, they’ll be dead from frost in a week. Atleast in my care, they don’t have to worry about predators or freezing.
79D49A99-8F5F-4266-96D8-A1FE7E588281.jpeg

Latest posts