: \

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, like rbaby said, you have to buy them. Try from most of the good breeders who have websites. For example, www.mantisplace.com (Nick)(Not advertising) I bought D. hydei from him. Did you catch your flies from the wild?

if you cut off the wings, i bet they won't be able to fly

In Biology class we learned how to change fruitfly traits. The ones i made came out with no eyes and some had white eyes. You'll need a electric microscope, specimin glass, female and male fruitfly, micro needle :lol:

TELL ME HOW PLEASE!!!! I never learned that!!!!! I wanna make my ffs super energetic(Is it possible?), or make them have legs growing out of antennae(Like I saw in hte museum) so that my picky Nigerians would eat them.

You'll need a really really really really really expensive microscope though. If you get one PM me and I'll tell you. The microscope needs to zoom close enough to be able to see chromosomes.

alls i did to catch my fruitflys was to put a few cherries in the bottom of a gatorade bottle and let them rot and now there are flys everywhere

alls i did to catch my fruitflys was to put a few cherries in the bottom of a gatorade bottle and let them rot and now there are flys everywhere
Yep, you usually get flightless ones from a store.

Put them in the freezer for two minutes. They'll come around quickly, but while there groggy the mantids can nab 'em! I have several small home grown cultures of flightless melanogaster and hydei. PM me if you want one.

are there any articles online about changing fruit fly traits? this sounds interesting...

Latest posts