a chinese ooth just exploded

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macro junkie

Dead Leaf Mantis
Reaction score
2348167096_98b1982d74_o.jpg

2348167942_507a08b27c_o.jpg

2347339203_ef52db9eb6_o.jpg

woulndt have a clue..200-300 mayby.?but i woulnt know tbh..its 1st time iv had a big ooth like this hatch

my chinese ooths that hatched recently, most recent 1 of which i counted upto 370 hatchlings then i gave up!!! (prob another 50+ on top)

in the last 2 weeks ive had 4 chinese ooths hatch, 2 on 10,03 , 1 on 16,03 (this was the 370+) and last one 17,03.

in total prob close to 2,000 hatchlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahahahahahah wow u got your work cut out..rather u than me..il be selling and giving alot of these away in the next few weeks

Looks like a typical hatch from this species. Great pics.

managed to find a pic of 1st chinese ooth hatching

Chinese_Ooth1_Hatching_002.JPG

after hatching

Chinese_Ooth2_Hatched_002.JPG

this is where i keep whilst waiting to hatch

hatchery001.jpg

i knew you could get alot from one chinese ooth but not seen chinese hatching before (until now x 4!)

ive already sold about 500 or so, found these to be very cannablistic even though there has been more

than enough food to go round, has anyone else had this?

ah more amazing pics. thanks for posting these superb photos- i'm guessing you dont use some crummy old mobile phone camera to get those!!

looks like your gonna be a busy man :blink:

where did you put your ooth for it to hatch like and and what temp did you keep it at because thats ALOT of nymphs. and mine wasnt nearly as successful.
i had damp spagnum moss in the bottomm of a 32oz deli cup,soon as they all hatched i trafered them in to a 1ft x 1ft next cage,

ah more amazing pics. thanks for posting these superb photos- i'm guessing you dont use some crummy old mobile phone camera to get those!! looks like your gonna be a busy man :blink:
canon mpe-65

canon 400d

canon mt-24ex

2 x gary fong defusers

the set up cost 1500£

managed to find a pic of 1st chinese ooth hatchingView attachment 134

after hatching

View attachment 135

this is where i keep whilst waiting to hatch

View attachment 136

i knew you could get alot from one chinese ooth but not seen chinese hatching before (until now x 4!)

ive already sold about 500 or so, found these to be very cannablistic even though there has been more

than enough food to go round, has anyone else had this?
what the heck?why have u got 4 or 5 chicnse ooth..are u mad?lol..im gueesing u make your own cultures?

yup totaly bonkers :D and making cultures, i do now.

oh and yes my pics are from dodgy camera phone,

nice pics mj keep up the good work.
u have seriously lost the plot wanting that many nymphs..to much work buddie..why not get 20 ghost ooths..much more exciting..and u can house them together..i have sold mine allready..i dont want them so i sold thejm cheape..50 for 5£.im giving alot away to..i have to much stuff on the go..i havent got time to be wasting on a species that is so common no one wants them..and when there do there only worth a couple of £..i will keep a few just for pics but breeding this species doesnt interest me 1 bit.

lol, i didnt want this many to start with was only going to hatch one and keep a few, but 3 hatched before i had a chance to put in my mothers greenhouse and garden!

no problem though as ive just this minute sold most of them, there going tuesday morning :D

i want the more unusual species more than these, these were more of "400 from one ooth? nah never.lets give it a try. holly molly help!" type of thing...

Latest posts