A larger Meal Worm

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilipS

Reaction score
I’ve been busy selectively breeding mealworms, and now I have a larger variety to share. Not super worms (different animal). A larger mealworm. The advantage is now you’ll have the perfect size as they grow; to feed to your pet. I usually share these as pupae and adults (beetles).

As your colony grows to suit your needs, they do appreciate some table scraps.

Attachments

• TenebrioMolitorGrande.png
    TenebrioMolitorGrande.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 5
Congratulations! Glad you've gotten some success in breeding them. Since this is a mantis forum though, maybe it would be beneficial to add that these are not healthy prey for them? Mealworms are far too fatty to be a healthy staple for mantises and can hurt them in the long run.

Still, I hope you have have success in selling them!

Congratulations! Glad you've gotten some success in breeding them. Since this is a mantis forum though, maybe it would be beneficial to add that these are not healthy prey for them? Mealworms are far too fatty to be a healthy staple for mantises and can hurt them in the long run.

Still, I hope you have have success in selling them!
I appreciate the feedback as the mantids never finish them. Just eat the soft parts and leave the crusts lol

I appreciate the feedback as the mantids never finish them. Just eat the soft parts and leave the crusts lol
Mantises in general do not like the hard exoskeletons of prey items. If the exoskeleton is too hard, they often leave it instead of eating it. The softer insides are where all that fat is. That's something they don't need to be eating. :) Anytime though mate. There's plenty of other food options for them that you can breed (and profit off of)!

Other than fruit flies what others do you recommend?

Which will be good for farming for profit? I sell off my extras.