A minute of silence for my first pair of Tropidomantids

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cindy

Reaction score
:(

The male died last week and the female died today. Probably due to old age as there is no change in their surroundings and conditions.

AB, I gave away most of the nymphs and the rest died while they moulted. :(

Dear friends,

I am now convinced that male Tripidomantids fly into my balcony to seek refuge from the females and die peacefully in a plastic box.

The new male just died. :(

Yet another male flew in last night!

From now on, I will make sure I go and sit at my balcony every night. And hope for a female... :lol:

You must have some really bright lighting or something for them to be flocking to your balcony like that. :lol:

You must have some really bright lighting
Seven 3ft T5 flourescent lights switched on at night for my carnivorous plants. :lol:

But I HAVE to rescue the mantids that turn up at my balcony because of the sundew plants I have there. Once caught in the plants, their wings will be stuck and if they get the digestive juice on their bodies, it will be slow death. :(

:D I used this idea before you hang a big cloth or bed sheet ( old ones :lol: ) then u put the light behind the insects will come to the light . hang a banana if possible .