Aboreal or Ground dwellers/burrowers?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostmantis84

Reaction score
Which would be a great species for someone whose never kept tarantula's, ive searched many websites and get the same answers....just thought i would try and work out the difference between old world and new world spiders. Most people advised me to avoid aboreal spiders but ive kept many other exotic pets before and would relish the challenge, also know that spiders are'nt considered a pet to be handled.

Species ive been advised are:- Grammostola rosea, Grammostola aureostriata, Eupalastrus campestratus, Brachypelma albopilosum

any info would be great thanks

Which would be a great species for someone whose never kept tarantula's, ive searched many websites and get the same answers....just thought i would try and work out the difference between old world and new world spiders. Most people advised me to avoid aboreal spiders but ive kept many other exotic pets before and would relish the challenge, also know that spiders are'nt considered a pet to be handled.Species ive been advised are:- Grammostola rosea, Grammostola aureostriata, Eupalastrus campestratus, Brachypelma albopilosum

any info would be great thanks
Avicularias are not bad aboreals for beginners either. Some other species not listed Brachypelma smithi, Avicularia Avicularia, Brachpelma Vegan, ...in fact most of your brachys are fairly easy to care for and are not big biters usually.

I personally prefer Terrestrial over Arboreal simply because I'm paranoid that an arboreal is gonna run right up the wall and out of the cage. lol As Ken said, Either of the Gramostolas and all of the Brachypelmas are great for beginners. I love my G. Aureostriata.

Latest posts