Acanthops sp. / Otomantis sp.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tijl

Reaction score
I've never posted pics here before because normally I only post them on the Belgian forum. But because my brother moved in again I have a super macro lens at my disposal so I'm trying hard to make some decent photo's at the moment.. These are some of the shoot I made recently. And off course all the tips from the more experienced photographers are welcome!

Acanthops sp.:

Acanthops-1.jpg

The meaning of the "too big" cricket was to get them in threatening pose, but as you can see, that didn't work..

Acanthops-2.jpg

Acanthops-3.jpg

Acanthops-5.jpg

Otomantis sp.:

oto-1.jpg

oto-2.jpg

oto-3.jpg

oto-4.jpg

(the first two I tried to photoshop the reflection of the flash, but as you can see, that didn't go as planned..)

Beautiful images! I especially love the clean backgrounds on the first two images, though the others are nice, too.
Cool pics

And speaking of clean images, I was on your site Tammy and I saw a pic of... A car fire

I hope u did not set a car on fire to get that pic, though awesome pic

Love the acanthops

And I bet when u try to get the acanthops to eat a giant cricket it threat poses...

I love acanthops. the females look cryptic, and the males look like they have an evening gown on. one of the coolest leaf mantid I've had.

wonderful photos by the way.

Harry

thanks! But all the credits go to my beautifull models and the good lens ;) At the moment I have nymphs from the Otomantis and they are one of the smallest I've ever had (so not to easy to feed them..) If I find the time I'll try to get them on photo too.