Adult Idolo molting enclosure

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Papilio, now find a male! :p

20140829_171203-1-1_zpsz40rzusl.jpg

OK... just finished my art project... I forgot I had this plastic enclosure.. so I decided to practice on it.. So if you could take a look and give me any suggestions...

Also I was wondering... I have had my Idolo's separated, but have noticed other people have them housed together... Would I be able to house them together now?

Could you please help me out with something else??? all three of mine look the same to me... are they all females?

Idolo 1:

Idolo 2:

Idolo 3:

Thanks in advance for all your help...

dmina, as far as I can see, and I'm just a beginner, but yes they all look female to me.

I know that a lot of people keep Idolos together, and cannibalism never happens until it does. ;) It's always a possibility, and as valuable as these are I wouldn't risk it. Usually the largest danger comes when they are not all of the same instar and the big guys eat the little guys. They've also been known to attack another housemate while it's molting.

Is that second photo the ceiling? If so, then the general idea looks about right. But as Danny said you'll need something quite a bit taller for the maturing molt. My enclosure is 12" vertically, and with a 2" plastic tub at the bottom filled with wet foam to keep humidity up plus the sticks coming down from the ceiling, there's only about 9" of vertical space. Look again at the photo of her hanging from her exuia in my enclosure, first page of this post ... not a lot of room to spare, her soft, bloated body was enormous!!

Anyway, 1000% better than what you had before! :D Well done!

Last edited by a moderator:
OK.. So I got the idea down.. this is the largest of the plastic enclosures... it is 10" high

Yes the second pic is the ceiling...

So will go out and get something taller... I mean I need to get 3 things taller... Glad I am on the right track

Thank you both...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts