Adult Mega Mantis Male Mega Picture Post!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precarious

Reaction score
So I've had this camera for like a month and a half. Now it's time to step up my game. I should be a pro by now. :lol: Definite improvement and better success polishing them up in Photoshop.

Since my Mega molted to adult he's been hamming it up for the camera and I'm too weak to resist indulging his ego. I didn't catch any pics of his threat display just yet, but it is very impressive!

He's now about 4" and his antenna add another 2".

Right after molt

Mega_2216-sm.jpg

Mega_2223-sm.jpg

I'm experimenting with macro landscapes...

MegaCollagesm.jpg

Check out those antennae!

Mega_2235-sm.jpg

Mega_2236-sm.jpg

Mega_2240-sm.jpg

Mega_2254-sm.jpg

Mega_2249-sm.jpg

Mega_2241-sm.jpg

Mega_2462-sm.jpg

Precarious, that is your best series yet! Now I'm going to have to be the one getting tips from you!

Tammy

Last edited by a moderator:
Precarious, those are your best series yet! Now I'm going to have to be the one getting tips from you!

Tammy
Haha! That's a good one. I owe you big time for helping me pic this lens. Great advice. ;) Thanks for being patient with me.

If you saw how I did these you would laugh. Especially the ones at the end with chocolate and black background. I had him on top of a net cage and I held up cheap florescent lights I bought at Wal-Mart! Lighting was different for each shot. :lol: I had one leg extended on my tripod so it was looking up at him. I had to weigh it down with a shoe so it didn't tip.

Photoshop really takes them to the next level. If you know how to use Photoshop you look like a much better photographer than you are.

Crop, correct, and enhance...

BeforeAfter_2469.jpg

Oooooo, Precarious! Cheating with Photoshop! :eek:

Beautiful pictures all the same. Your Mega is gorgeous!

So if you get kinky with your tripod you can get pics like this? I'm on it.

I may even use a extra shoe. :eek: :blush:

Sweet man. Super sharp eye pics all round. Can't resist the big un though, seeing the detail as you scroll through full screen is great. Eyes are still one of the most interesting thing for me but I think the raptorial spikes are really interesting too, nice to see them up close and personal like this.

Really nice work, totally inspired by all the great pics here.

a. pictures are fantastic!

b. mantis is fantastic!

c. Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 is fantastic!

:)

excellent pics :) as usual , what camera are you using? ill have to try photoshop myself

Latest posts