Angry at the Post Office

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow I can't believe this! No more than 5 minutes ago I looked out the sliding glass window onto my balcony, and there's a box sitting there! Fortunately is wasn't something living this time, but it could have been out there for a couple days since we don't use the balcony that much.

I'm definitely gunna have to call USPS.
that is crazy.

and how did he know which balcony was yours?

that is crazy.

and how did he know which balcony was yours?
lol. The postman probably sees him walking around out there, crooning to strange, leaf-like beings on his arms. The poor mailman is probably too scared to come to the door. Those well-trained beasts might eat him!

:ninja: :tt2:

Our mailwoman is nice and comes and drops it off in the screened porch...lucky to have a good one :) ...
We used to have one just like this. The new mailman sucks, he doesn't even knock or leave packages on the porch but instead tries to fit priority boxes inside our mailbox!

3ojvkn.jpg

My dad delivers mail for USPS. He's a good mailman. Unfortunately, good mail carriers are harder and harder to come by.

What makes me angry is that my package was misrouted. The label was PRINTED from a computer. How could it have been sent somewhere else?! You can misread a printed label. And then it sat in a neighboring city for a whole day. Just chillin. Needless to say, I was pretty upset.

It probably fell into the wrong bag on the sorting machine when the one it was supposed to go into was overfilled.

What I love is when you have big red arrows that say "This side up, Please" and they flip it right in front of you. I also love how when they are walking your express package to you they toss it from hand to hand then shake it at their ear and ask, "whatchya got in here that's so important?" I always want to say, "don't worry, you probably just killed it."

I have had lots of packages missent. Drives me bonkers. Last Wed. I shipped out nine boxes. Shipped priority. Only two made their destination by Saturday. How in the world that happens is beyond me. There are only two carriers that I will deal with at my Post office and they know it at this point. I've put reviews in Yelp, files formal complaints etc. mostly because they are just so flat rude!

My personal favorite was when I saw my box literally three feet from me and I gave them the notice from my box and she said, "Iam sorry, we're closed." I looked at the clock and said, "you are open for three more minutes." She put her closed sign in front of me and said, "that clocks wrong". I said, "come on, that's my box right there, its marked perishable and you guys are closed on Sat which means it will sit here two more days"! I kid you not, she looked at me as she was walking away from the counter and goes... "Come five minutes earlier on Monday."

When the supervisor went to lock the door I told her what was up and she said she had no authority to hand me the package. So, she went and got a different counter person that was clocking out and had him hand it to me. I was happy I got the box but SERIOUSLY?????? Lol I think we all see the bad of USPS because we deal with it so much. I personally would rather deal with FedEx.

Last edited by a moderator:
When the supervisor went to lock the door I told her what was up and she said she had no authority to hand me the package. So, she went and got a different counter person that was clocking out and had him hand it to me. I was happy I got the box but SERIOUSLY?????? Lol I think we all see the bad of USPS because we deal with it so much. I personally would rather deal with FedEx.
You can thank the unions for that. If the supervisor had given you that box then the clerk would be able to file a grievance and receive extra pay because their work was taken by someone in another craft. Yay for small scale communism!

You can thank the unions for that. If the supervisor had given you that box then the clerk would be able to file a grievance and receive extra pay because their work was taken by someone in another craft. Yay for small scale communism!
Haha! Boy, all I know is that its gone downhill fast. I went in this morning and there were literally 18 peeps in line with ONE counter person.

Haha! Boy, all I know is that its gone downhill fast. I went in this morning and there were literally 18 peeps in line with ONE counter person.
There has been a round of major facility closures over the last year or so, 200 sorting and distribution centers were on the kill list including the one I worked at. Expect more trouble as they continue to shut down and overload the remaining plants.

I sent a package that was to be delivered on mon, after recipient notified me that the package didn't arrive, I checked the tracking info and the only update was from the day I dropped off the package. The package is now two days late, check the delivery standards page and priority is NOT guaranteed to be delivered on the date they specify, even when we pay for expedited service. And you can't file a claim till after 5pm after the 5th day from shipping(technically the 6th day). I don't know if package was intercepted or lost.

Be careful at this time of year. I ship most of my packages express, and I rarely have an issue. However, I did have a priority package sent to me take three extra days the week before Christmas and the package I shipped to that person was also delayed by two days. It's a busy time of year at the post office.

Ok, I have a theory. My 3nd overnight express pkg is late. Thankfully the mantids in the first two survived. I am still waiting on info on the third. I know it is the holidays,and weather factors in.....But...Do you guys think the heatpacks have something to do with it. Do you know if security does thermal imaging for airmail and maybe it takes longer?

Ok, I have a theory. My 3nd overnight express pkg is late. Thankfully the mantids in the first two survived. I am still waiting on info on the third. I know it is the holidays,and weather factors in.....But...Do you guys think the heatpacks have something to do with it. Do you know if security does thermal imaging for airmail and maybe it takes longer?
Hmmm never thought of that.. Makes sence though

I've never had an issue in the winter with express packages...only priority. I line my boxes with foam insulation in the winter and in the summer.

There are some areas that cannot get overnight express. If it was guaranteed next day and arrived a day late, you should be able to get a refund with priority express. I never file a claim when the package is delayed by 2 - 4 hours. I have when the package was delivered a day later than the guarantee.

Yes I got a refund for all three packages. I insulate really well also. I live an hour from ohare so the airmail used to be really fast. I am assuming the snowy weather, holiday mail, and fog lately had something to do with it I guess. The PO is really losing $ now. That is $90.00 shipping I got for free in the last month. So far everything has made it alive, I am waiting info from todays delivery though. It is great that the PO makes good on its refunds :)

Latest posts