Another humidity question. :p

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trademark

Reaction score
I live in a very dry climate, like 5-20% on most days. Is spritzing my two nymphs once in the morning and afternoon enough? I also have 4 ooths as well, should I be spritzing them, too? Our house is always 75-80 degrees, so I'm not worried about that. They're just Chinese mantises, by the way.

I'm thinking about a hygrometers, but where I do get those? Do you think just a piece of wet sponge at the bottom of each container will do? Excuse all my concerns, I'm so anxious to keep them all healthy, haha! Thank you for any help.

Personally with chinese i would mist twice daily and use kitchen towel in the container,they can mismoult easily,but otherwise fine.

Thank you all for the information! I have moist paper towels sitting with the ooths which I'll of course change at least daily. Now I can focus on getting the nymphs the water they need. I'll go down to a couple pet shops later in the week and see what they have.

'Eurozoo' hygrometer's appear to be very accurate,Exo-terra's are cheap and reliable and i would imagine more easy to obtain. I use both myself and have had no problems.

Latest posts