Deroplatyus lobata issue

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saillesong

Forum Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello I recently had a Vietnamese dead leaf Mantis pass away. I only had him a few months and I am somewhat new to mantid keeping. I want to figure out what I did wrong . I have several other species that have had zero issues. Yesterday morning I noticed the dead leaf mantis laying flat on the bottom of the enclosure I panicked and I opened it up and he was able to crawl back up to the wall. Later on my husband told me he was back on the floor. He gave her water and when I got home she was looking bad still and passed away hours later. I noticed when cleaning the enclosure there was some brown liquid on the wall.. possibly vomit? Could this be a feeder issue? I never feed crickets. I give them small dubia, fruit flys, black soldier fly larvae and occasional meal worms. Most of my feeders come from a local company that I trust. The other mantises seem fine. Could be a feeder issue or is this species sensitive to temperature or humidity issues ?

Latest posts