Any more cham keepers?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boosh96

Reaction score
Are there any other folks on this forum who keep chameleons? I got my first "true" chameleon on September 15th. He's a young Jackson's chameleon named Handsome Jack, and he's pretty much the best thing ever. Since I'm too lazy to attach pictures, here's a link to his picture thread! :D

http://www.chameleonforums.com/handsome-jacks-picture-thread-118003/

Edit: Before Handsome Jack, I had a little pygmy chameleon named Paul. He was friggin' adorable, but the poor little guy was wild-caught and bit the dirt in about 5 months.. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this old, but yes, my husband and I are "Crazy Eyes Chams".

We raise Ambilobe Panther Chameleons and are branching out into two other species. We have been raising chameleons since 2008/09.

Our Facebook page is: www.facebook.com/CrazyEyesChams

yeah im a member of chameleon forum as well. next on list is mellers lol.

We are getting into Johnstonii (we just mated our female) and T. Hoenelli (sometime in September).

I have 4 panthers 3 carpets and 4 pygmies :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have and have had quite a few Chameleons .

I currently keep Bradypodion pumlium and Panther Chameleons (Ambliobe, Ambanje and Nosy Be. ). I've kept K.mats , Bradypodion Transvaalense , VeildChameleons , Meller's , (Brookesia superciliaris and Rhampholeon temporalis.

I've owned chameleons for years. Coming from Africa I used to keep the native species there and that's what made me so fond of them.

Our new true blue nosy be chameleon at 3 months old.

Our new nosy be chameleon by Mikhails_Nature_Shots, on Flickr

Our new nosy be chameleon by Mikhails_Nature_Shots, on Flickr

Took most of the pics with my camera phone.

Here he is at 4 months old. They grow fast.

Nosy be chameleon update 4 months old by Mikhails_Nature_Shots, on Flickr

Here he is 5 months old.

Nosy be update 5 months old. by Mikhails_Nature_Shots, on Flickr

His father Poobear:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/250507_814355465289914_5820271792699888010_n.jpg?oh=bcfe0951c527220926590723cb146ce7&oe=55570F9B&__gda__=1435328302_26bc467ff539bdb0f58e682d32ba0c0e

This is his mate. A nosy be female from different blood line.

Our new female nosy be chameleon by Mikhails_Nature_Shots, on Flickr

Her father Azul:

http://canvaschams.com/featured_item/panther-chameleon-nosy-be-azul/

We just had baby ambilobe panther chameleons hatch out.

Baby ambilobe panther chameleon by Mikhails_Nature_Shots, on Flickr

I've owned them for many years in the past and the oldest one got to be 4 years. They breed often and you soon end up with a lot of babies. It's somewhat like mantis.

Did you do anything special for their setup Mikhail? I notice almost across the board people reporting they dying very quickly after import, and I used to think maybe that's because they're so shortlived, so the ones that get captured are probably just older and slower, but I think it's something else. I think people are fundamentally doing something wrong with the setups. Either too humid, or too dry. Did you keep them in a terrestrial or more arboreal setup? And what kind of substrate? I liked to use leaf litter but I get frustrated the roach nymphs hide underneath it.

All I would do is set them up in rubber made plastic bin 20 gallons. Place screen on top and place co-co bedding on the ground with live plants. I also gave them UV lights, no heat bulbs just the UV tubes. Most people say they don't need it, but I say they do need a little. They don't live in caves, yes on the bottom of the forest. But UV still can reach them and they do clime on small bushes in the open to get sun light to warm up. I learned this from a different breeder that was very successful with them and after doing it this way they thrived.

Latest posts