Anybody else like turtles?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Agrionemys horsfieldii (Russian tortoise) every year you have to give them a period of hibernation. Further it is no difficult specie.

I really love turles and tortoises to. I have a view

Agrionemys horsfieldii

Vierteenschildpad10-2-09013.jpg

Chelonoidis carbonaria

Chelonoidiscarbonaria22-7-1021.jpg

Chelonoidiscarbonaria22-7-1017.jpg

Geoemyda spengeleri

Geoemydaspengleri2-4-117.jpg

Geoemydaspengleri2-4-1115.jpg

Chelodina mccordi

Chelodinamccordi23-8-104.jpg

Chelodinamccordi14-10-107.jpg

Chelus fimbriatus

Chelusfimbriatus31-3-112.jpg

Chelusfimbriatus25-10-104.jpg

In a month I get Malacochersus tornieri. I'm looking for some Terrapene carolina subspecies, like the baurri and I'm looking for Cuora galbinifrons subspecies.

I LOVE your turtles naeff! I too keep spengleri, I only have 1 at the moment though. I used to have mata mata as well. I have always wanted to get big headed turtles those are fantastic! Have you bred any of the species that you are working with?

If you were in the USA I might be able to help you out with the Baurii, I have 1 extra male. I've been talking with somebody about getting a CB baby galbinifrons, fingers are crossed :)

Yes I breed with the mccordi's, guttata and carbonaria. Horsfieldii and the matamata I only have one and the matamata is still very small. My Platysternon and spengleri are still young animals.

I was on a reptile fair and there where a 3 female galbinifrons, only the man asked 730 euro's for 1 animal.

Yes I breed with the mccordi's, guttata and carbonaria. Horsfieldii and the matamata I only have one and the matamata is still very small. My Platysternon and spengleri are still young animals.

I was on a reptile fair and there where a 3 female galbinifrons, only the man asked 730 euro's for 1 animal.
Congrats on your breeding success. That is very expensive for a turtle but they are very rare.

thought i'd bring a dead post back to life. I have two RES and i think they are a pain <_< beautiful animals to look at but not worth the work in my opinion. they bite or snap at me when im trying to put their food in and their cage/tank gets really dirty really fast, what i want is a box turtle or a tortoise.

Last edited by a moderator:
thought i'd bring a dead post back to life. I have two RES and i think they are a pain <_< beautiful animals to look at but not worth the work in my opinion. they bite or snap at me when im trying to put their food in and their cage/tank gets really dirty really fast, what i want is a box turtle or a tortoise.
Aquatic turtles generally are much more work. There is a reason I got out of that game years ago. That's not to say that the others are any less work, it is usually just a bit easier.

res = red eared slider? or some kind of snapper? if its sliders...got a couple docile as can be, unless you're a mouse :lol: have them in an outside reservoir...

res = red eared slider? or some kind of snapper? if its sliders...got a couple docile as can be, unless you're a mouse :lol: have them in an outside reservoir...
RES= red eared slider

Do I, I currently own 15 including a keeled box turtle only two where produced this year