anybody ever had The Florida bark mantis, also known as Gonatista grisea, grizzled mantis, or lichen mimic mantid?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey thanks! they look cool id like to experience one-i lived in the keys 15 years and never knew of them or id have looked on mainland for some
They are extremely hard to find in the wild. And actually have a range all the way to South Carolina. The chances or likelihood of finding one in the wild are quite slim. They live on trees pretty high up too.

But I will say that Grizzled mantises are fun but hard species. I bred and raised some for several years. The nymphs are very small and delicate and also finicky with what they will eat. So if you do get them be prepared! Maybe some will show up at some point and you can try them.

I kept G. grisea once. The pair I had was from the lineage Mystymantis kept, though unfortunately my ooths never hatched. Only person I know of now with a line of them is PanterraPets. Good luck finding some though. They're quite elusive.

Latest posts