Are they going to die?!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chessiegirl

Reaction score
Ackk, I have 15 nympths left from my Tenodera ooth (from about 200!!). They are 7 weeks old, and are still L2. They are now looking very listless and are not eating much, and most just stay on the ground of their enclosure. Do you think they will survive, or does it sound like they are on their last legs? If so, any ideas of what would cause this?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions. :(

Don't panic it is normal for most of the nymphs from the ooth to die. Mist them because they may want to shed. Also if their abdomens look deflated drop some fruit flies in.

Most of those will die. You will be lucky to even raise two to adult.

Thanks, guys. A few more have died since I posted (I am down to 11), and one finally moulted a few hours ago. It looks pretty weak, and I had to help it out of it's skin near the end. Poor thing. I guess I will have to see what happens; I know that most do end up dying but it would be nice to have at least one live to adulthood! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. One or two of them still look fairly strong, so we'll see if they make it alright through their moult.

Thanks again!

Latest posts