Atlas Beetles

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thorska

Reaction score
anyone have any expierience with this beetle, or any other scarab beetles? looking into getting one and information about keeping them is hard to find... all i've found so far is that the larva feed on rotting woot and the adults feed on fruit, otherwise i havn't been able to find anything :/

here's a pic i grabbed off google for those who don't know it

I'd recommend the rhino beetle book ;) Elytra and Antenna Books

I've looked into beetle before, but gave up when I learned that the species I wanted I would need a permit for.
Dynastes tityus and Dynastes granti are really nice beetles. They're also the perfect size, relatively gigantic insects, but not like Atlas or Hercules that are not so easy to rear to full size and require an inordinate amount of food.

I've looked into beetle before, but gave up when I learned that the species I wanted I would need a permit for. Anyway, here are a few links I've accumulated.
i should be fine for getting the beetle, as its a UK based seller im buying from so i don't think regulations will be a problem, and those links helped alot, thanks!

Just resontley I found a butiful green scarab beatle in my back yard. It only lived in one place by the pool and I fed it bannana and spinich leavs. It lived fine untill one day my dad found him in the pool. I picked him up and put him in a different location around a bush and then I never saw him again. They are such amazing beatles, no wonder the egyptions loved them so much!