Betta fish owners ?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkayum

Reaction score
I wonder anyone ever had or has betta. I'm curious because I have four of them (;

Just a crowntail that's all black. Also got a female crowntail.. not sure how much longer I'm going to keep them

Just a crowntail that's all black. Also got a female crowntail.. not sure how much longer I'm going to keep them
I had been searching for a black crowntail in three different pet store! I had seen one but someone came to claim it, Darn it! I wish you lived close by my house so I'd take them off your hands. lol. Got any picture?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is Emanon the veiltail betta I couldn't thought of names for him so my friend suggested this name , "Emanon" It is named backward of "No name."

15q4rrk.jpg

2j515dl.jpg

This is Unicorn the veiltail betta, I'm not sure if he has real purple or just blue. He's so beautiful and very alert most than all of my bettas.

30jjhjo.jpg

5cdb2t.jpg

I also have four of them but two bettas aren't cooperating with my camera. They usually move a lot.

I'll add photos of two more bettas soon. :)

I saw some baby bettas at the pet store. They were so cute.
I know! I saw crowntail & double tail babies. I 'd buy one but were afraid that they are so fragile so I bought Unicorn (pictured adove) instead. :)

Betas are so cool, i just wish they wouldn't kill each other
If they were not fighter, I'd buy 20 of them for my 30 gallon long tank. All i know is that the female bettas can live together with alot of plants. I plan to buy one. I saw a few green and white female crowntail in my local pet store.

Sorry these are bad. He wouldnt sit still. They arent that aggressive. This little guy named Goliath lives in a 7.3 gallon with Bamboo Shrimp, Algae Eaters, and some snails

068-1.jpg

069-1.jpg

070-1.jpg

I'll have to see if I can get pics of mine, it's a pain because he's in a round bowl and it does weird things to the light. I really enjoy him, though. I put him in a bowl that's probably a couple of gallons, when he'd probably never been in anything bigger than 16 oz or so. He spent the whole day floating to the top and diving. Fish happiness is kind of cute.

:wub:

Love the name, Emanon. I name everything obsessively but somehow mine is still Fish.

I've got a double tail betta male who lives peacefully with 2 cory cats, 5 glo light tetras, a glass catfish, and a colony of ghost shrimp. I put the ghost shrimp in there for him to eat but he prefers to hang out with them. The ghost shrimp have in fact started spawning. I think I have found the most mellow betta ever. I also have a female but she's on her own because she's super mean.

I've got a double tail betta male who lives peacefully with 2 cory cats, 5 glo light tetras, a glass catfish, and a colony of ghost shrimp. I put the ghost shrimp in there for him to eat but he prefers to hang out with them. The ghost shrimp have in fact started spawning. I think I have found the most mellow betta ever. I also have a female but she's on her own because she's super mean.
Bettas are peaceful with some fish species. Besides other bettas, paradise fish and gouramis are just a few examples that are usually not tolerated by male bettas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts