bluebottle flies breeding

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kinda weird I just started a bb culture this morning for the 1st time,in a 32oz shallow deli cup.the medium recipe I found here at the forum,it is dry cat food and water blended till its a thickish mud with a small amount of wood chips added in lastly.then I put in small shallow cup inside the 32oz with wood chips around everywhere else for the maggots to crawl out onto(dry).I used 15 or so flies to start it up. each female should lay 150 or more eggs. may work may not, time will tell. I guess your supposed to sprinkle a little active yeast on top of the mix last of all. :)

kinda weird I just started a bb culture this morning for the 1st time,in a 32oz shallow deli cup.the medium recipe I found here at the forum,it is dry cat food and water blended till its a thickish mud with a small amount of wood chips added in lastly.then I put in small shallow cup inside the 32oz with wood chips around everywhere else for the maggots to crawl out onto(dry).I used 15 or so flies to start it up. each female should lay 150 or more eggs. may work may not, time will tell. I guess your supposed to sprinkle a little active yeast on top of the mix last of all. :)
:lol: at least i am not the only one to think about it. i am going to try some dog food see if that works out let me know how it goes for you.

Latest posts