Bugfest pics and thanks

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome! Glad you had an awesome turnout. What three species are those in the second pic on the second post?

Very nice presentation, it looks like you did very well! All the natural light probable helped the live exhibits be a little active and not just sit there? I don't see my ooth pic in any of the shots, but I'm sure it's in there somewhere(or it got the axe, Haha)...

Wish I could of got down there to see it all )-:

What's that great looking book with the mantid guarding its ootheca in a threat display (staged?)?
It's a 1984 National Geographic.

Awesome! Glad you had an awesome turnout. What three species are those in the second pic on the second post?
Chinese and two Europeans

Very nice presentation, it looks like you did very well! All the natural light probable helped the live exhibits be a little active and not just sit there? I don't see my ooth pic in any of the shots, but I'm sure it's in there somewhere(or it got the axe, Haha)...

Wish I could of got down there to see it all )-:
One of them was in my presentation.

Local news pics. I got four out of the 40 pics she took. She didn't really capture the event well.

http://www.wral.com/...llery/11551705/

Last edited by a moderator:
I probably am compared to most members here, maybe I don't look it. I'm 34. So yeah, old.
Puh-lease, 34 is NOT old! I think I just thought you were much older because you are so knowledgeable. But then again, I am also surprised when people on the forum are super knowledgeable and write well and then I find they are only 13 years old or so. Lots of intelligent people here! :)

the one open in the 5th pic
Same one Orin asked about. It is a Feb. 1984 National Geographic magazine. Decent article on mantids. I remember reading it multiple times when I was a kid.

Awesome presentation Rick!

In picture #11 does the acrylic setup have Gonatista grisea?
I believe one of them did. I had borrowed those from another member.

Where can i find a copy?
I found that one on Amazon. Were a few available. I got it cheap and it was in like new condition.

Left out pics of the ooth display:

DSCF9111_zps7505af38.jpg

DSCF9110_zpsf659498f.jpg

wow! i cant read any of the ooths other than the 2 deroplatys and the cilnia and that grasshoppers and mantids of the world book I want lol! i've read the butterflies of the world book, the butterflies and moths of the world book, the frogs of the world book but never seen the mantis one

wow! i cant read any of the ooths other than the 2 deroplatys and the cilnia and that grasshoppers and mantids of the world book I want lol! i've read the butterflies of the world book, the butterflies and moths of the world book, the frogs of the world book but never seen the mantis one
I have that book! I found it for 4 cents used!