Bugfest pics and thanks

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe i forgot to take a pic with you Rick. Geez to much beer from the night before has slowed my brain! :lol: These pics do not do your display justice. You did a fantastic job! :)

I can't believe i forgot to take a pic with you Rick. Geez to much beer from the night before has slowed my brain! :lol: These pics do not do your display justice. You did a fantastic job! :)
Thanks Paul! Yeah it was pretty busy when you guys came by. Maybe one of these days I'll have more free time and can hang out with you guys while you're down here. I agree the pics don't do justice to the table. It gets better every year for sure. Good to see you again.

Some pics my partner took

459946_10100247069228398_1618315181_o_zpscdcc4ebd.jpg

477014_10100247069388078_847118931_o_zpsa26e9346.jpg

Some of those creeped out looks are priceless! :lol:
I replied to your first post right before those pics.

Whatever it takes to get kids interested in science and the natural world.

I agree. It's still funny tho.
For sure. Had one woman that came by and she was a big ball of misinformation. I gave up trying to correct her. She even said baby mantids disperse on the wind after hatching like some spiders.

It amazes me that some people just feel the need to put there two cents in. Even tho they have no idea what they are talking about? Did little timmy come by and argue with you again saying your brunners mantis was really a stick bug? :lol:

It amazes me that some people just feel the need to put there two cents in. Even tho they have no idea what they are talking about? Did little timmy come by and argue with you again saying your brunners mantis was really a stick bug? :lol:
I think he did actually. But I think I convinced him otherwise haha. During my speech a friend who was watching said some teenage girl nearby was muttering about something I said not being true. Too bad she didn't bring it up during the question and answer part at the end. Did have one guy ask me about mantids and parasites. I didn't expect that question but luckily had some knowledge on the subject.

yea, it freaks my son Joe and wife out when I have fuzzy with me in Bugatorium, he is 15 mts old now and says cricket! I taught him how to feed them their wet food! haha, CRICKET! NEVER to young to start them from being afraid of bugs, I was always scarded to death, wonder I ever got into this, hey and today I touched some pill bugs with me bare hands! :clap:

That ooth collection is impressive! You can buy dead mantids, but I don't think ooths are really sold. Really shows your immense experience with these amazing animals! :)

That ooth collection is impressive! You can buy dead mantids, but I don't think ooths are really sold. Really shows your immense experience with these amazing animals! :)
Many came from other members. I now have a new one to add; L. obscura.

So many pictures - and they're all lovely!

SMILE, Rick, SMILE! :D :D :D

And there's our very own... Rick and Mantidforum.net! Yay! :clap:

Latest posts