Burlap (hessian) Cloth

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sporeworld

Reaction score
So, looking again at different materials, I'm considering switching from netting to burlap for some of the walk-up ramps. Primarily to avoid mantid claws and legs from slipping through the cracks and getting snapped off.

I keep seeing a move from aquaria and screen cages towards the butterly cubes and their porous material. I've seen tarsus snapped off in my screen cages, and I think all (but maybe an adult Idolo) can safley traverse the butterfly nets. The twig thing seems perfect, but I can't help looking for alternatives.

Anyone have thoughts or experiences with burlap or jut or gunny cloth...?

See no reason why it wouldn't work. It isn't going to let much light in if used for the sides and top of an enclosure. The livemonarch type net cages work great for me personally.

I think the burlap would be a great one to try out first. I went to the fabric store and got several types of material. I guess the best way to find out is to try it and see which one works the best. Too bad mantids cant talk, then you could just ask them. :)

Hahah! Mine would never shut up! "FeedMeFeedMeFeedMeFeedMeFeedMeFeedMeFeedMeFeedMeFeedMeFeedMe".

If it's possible to over-feed a Creo, I'll let you know soon. They are a greedy lot!

To you folks with ADULT Idolos, can your's climb on the material of the butterfly cube?

Latest posts