Care Sheets by MantidForum.Net

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I getting this right? This thread and it's members in it for the most part want to make a care sheet for mantids. Maybe for each different kind, or maybe a general one and then the species that are "different" and not kept like the norm can be made into their own...right?

But it seems that there is fighting, bickering, angry talking followed by smiley faces so you don't show that you ARE really mad whatever you want to call it over the chance that each care sheet might be different. There is a reason why there are hundred upon hundreds of caresheets on leopard geckos. They can be kept DIFFERENT ways, some keep them in plastic shoeboxes their whole lives, guess what they breed like a leopard gecko kept in a tank with sand and everything else that mimics their environment. Mantids are the same way! Nothing wrong with that. Keeping nymphs in a FF container might not be natural or mimic their environment, but its easy. Make a care sheet, telling the reader of this way, then a different approach is by doing this...blah blah blah. Easy enough.

Honestly though, I don't think everyone putting their input into a caresheet is going to work at all. I made a thread on how to raise FF's. If I asked 10 people to help me, we would be bickeirng over the amount of media to put in or if sunlight helps them to get special nutrients which transfers to a frog or mantid and everything else. Just make your own and post it up, if people disagree then who cares. It worked for you and you know this, because there is more than ONE way to keep a mantid which is perfectly fine.

Well Jeff, you ask a very good question and I am happy to inform you that, no, you are not getting it right. I see that you joined a few days ago, on my birthday, in fact, and of course, you have not yet had time to get aquainted with the members that you are judging. Perhaps in a week or so, you will have a better handle on things.

I see that this is post #61 and yet no member (Peter, of course, is not a member) so far as I know, has submitted a care sheet, though plenty have seen cause to advocate their posting and warmly condemned those whom they feel stand in the way of Progress.

"But while the mice were cheering this inspiring speech, the Eldest Rat, who had appeared to be sleeping, raised his head and said, "But who will put the bell around the cat's neck?"

Not I, young Jeff, and apparently, not you either.

Well Jeff, you ask a very good question and I am happy to inform you that, no, you are not getting it right. I see that you joined a few days ago, on my birthday, in fact, and of course, you have not yet had time to get aquainted with the members that you are judging. Perhaps in a week or so, you will have a better handle on things.I see that this is post #61 and yet no member (Peter, of course, is not a member) so far as I know, has submitted a care sheet, though plenty have seen cause to advocate their posting and warmly condemned those whom they feel stand in the way of Progress. "But while the mice were cheering this inspiring speech, the Eldest Rat, who had appeared to be sleeping, raised his head and said, "But who will put the bell around the cat's neck?"Not I, young Jeff, and apparently, not you either.
:)

Latest posts