Cochises pics

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was funny: I thought maybe Cochise would like a little snack, a grasshoper. I put the grasshopper before Cochise and it started to jump and landed on me and jumped again and  landed on Cochises back.

grasshopper_on_back.png

Cochise wasn't moving at all. just sitting still and let the grasshopper walking over her.

The grasshopper was lucky to live another day because Cochise wasn't hungry at all..

;)  Lucky grasshopper! I had a grasshopper tear my Chinese's wings once. It was so sad!

MantisGirl13

aww, poor chinese mantis. was het an adult grasshopper?

I am not used to a Chochise who isn't hungry, lol maybe  she is still full.

Cochise needs some ooth laying lessons. You know  she roams free on my desk. She somehow tried to lay her ooth on a stupid playce, my little bucket with pens and stuff. She never finished it. I cleaned her butt, there was green ooth stuff on.

I think she needs to go in her home for a while. I think she will try again soon . How can I offer her a good place for laying her ooth? it will be an infertile one. But nature calls.

Put her in her cage, and make sure there are lots of sicks for her to lay on. GROW UP FASTER, BOB!!!!!!!!

- MantisGirl13

hehe, Bob is lazy I think. ;) but for this ooth it will be too late. Cochise need practising laying ooths. I will show later the pic where she layed partly (1/3?) her fail ooth on.

Yeah maybe i should replace the fake plants with sticks. I don't think it is easy to remove it from a fake plant.

I couln't sleep last night and when I got out of bed, Cochise did her second try to lay an ooth

cochise_ooth1.jpg

When I woke up again, I wanted to see the result of Cochises art of ooth creating., but it was just a very small thing: maybe it is because it is an infertal ooth or because it is done in 2 steps.

cochise_ooth2.jpg

From what I've heard, infertile ooths are more likely to be deformed than fertile ones, so I wouldn't worry.

- MantisGirl13

Wondering: will she be laying more in a short time, for will it take a few weeks before she lays again? I see it as practising ooth laying. When she mate succesfully with Bob she will be having nice ooths ;)

Nothing is so tasty as a freshly molted roach. At this moment Copchise is still enjoying the roach. Easy to chew on with a soft exo skeleton.

happy_mantis.png

but she can scare her younger family members with her big mantis butt:

bad_mantis.png

Congratulations on Bob’s adult molt, he looks beautiful with his new wings. I like the last picture, he’s got that menacing mantis grace.

I have some more Bob pics:

bob_game.jpg

Cochise is too fat to climb the screen but Bob can still do it. I was gaming and suddenly I saw a mantis butt on my screen.

bob4.jpg

and as last: Cochise hanging in her home:

cochise3jpg.jpg

Latest posts