Cochises pics

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have some more Bob pics:

bob_game.jpg

Cochise is too fat to climb the screen but Bob can still do it. I was gaming and suddenly I saw a mantis butt on my screen.

bob4.jpg

and as last: Cochise hanging in her home:

What is the black on Cochise's abdomen?

- MantisGirl13

I think that is of cleaning and that it is clawmarks and you see the threatpose stripes. I can try to make a closeup picture of that

at the other side of abdomen she has  not those spots.

Last edited by a moderator:
abdomen_cochise.jpg

i took a pic of abdomen, i always thought the black spots were claw marks.  When she bends to clean her abdomen. she has them long time. but she gets more of them

It looks like her abdomen is oozing that stuff. She may have punctured it or really needs to lay an ooth.

- MantisGirl13

I'm not sure what those marks are either...but my last female H. venosa developed identical looking spots on her abdomen not long after her second ooth I think. Looked like little blackish/brown freckles. Old age/age spots?  Small little punctures from mating or from cleaning her abdomen (which most of them do after producing an ooth)? Not sure, but she gave me 5 ooths before she died, so I doubt the spots were anything serious.  As long as their isn't any stuff coming out of the spots and she keeps eating, I'd bet she'll be alright.

there is no stuff coming out of them. Frekecls is the right word for it? She cleans her abodomen more often and she bens herself and uses her frontlegs to grab her abdomen and clean. That is why i think those freckels comes to grabbing herself. She grabs it so tight she puncture herself. ( I think) But she sure needs to lay an 2nd ooth. she did lay one 3 weeks ago.

But she has another problem, but that you can read here:

She isnt very old yet. She molted to adulthood at the end of april. And I wanted to breed her with Bob this weekend but that will not be happening as long she has this problem.

I thuink that mating her with bob would be fine. Why don't you try and see?

- MantisGirl13

Somehow I still feel scared to do that. Somehow she isn't loose that much fluid anymore. A good sign I think. maybe I can try when the problem is gone. she still hangs on her favo spot on my desk. I will keep an eye on her. she havn't laid an 2nd ooth yet

Cochise still looses fluids, but not as much as before, her appetite is still good., but sadly enough she didn't lay an ooth yet.

I gave Cochise a roach baby: she grabbed it and took a few bites and somehow she dropped it as in "meh, not hungry" BUt could take a pic before she dropped her prey.

cochise_nomming_roach2.jpg

The roach was eaten in the end by Neyteri and Flash.

Latest posts