Corks for perches

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love corks :) the leftover smell is nice and aromatic ;) just make sure to soak /rinse them so when you spray the enclosure the leftover wine isn't enjoyed by your little friends :lol:

Its great Idea though! +1 but if you wanted to get more use and so they can't get stuck behind it....you can cut the cork in half (vertically so you get 2 nice semi circles). You can attach the flat side of the long semi circle cork to the container and still get 2 nice perches ;) :D

All the best,

Andrew

Last edited by a moderator:
I sometimes use cork roll which comes in sheets. You can get it at the craft store. I like to cover a wall of an enclosure with it. You could also cut it into strips or any other shape you want. For nymphs you can leave the strips loose and bend them into arches.

Awesome!!! now I wonder, how can I do this with beer bottles? :clown:
step 1: take the beer bottles, drain them wherever (train, toilet, neighbor's cat's water bowl, your stomach...) and rinse them clean. remove labels, adhesives, and caps

step 2: place all bottles in a large bin

step 3: take a large 50 pound weight and drop it in the bin, lifting it back out and dropping again repetitively

step 4: spray with that stringy stuff kids like to vandalize things with and cut into desired shapes

i'm just joking abt all this but it may work

Latest posts