Creepy says hi!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello!

http://faithfreaks.com/user_images/10433413239020.jpg

Can anyone tell me what species I am? My owner isn't sure.
I'm guessing a Tenodera sinensis (Chinese Mantis) Did you find this outside? if so, where? or did you purchase the mantis or ooth? I'm pretty new to mantids but perhaps one of the cool and happenin' peeps with a bit a more experience can help you out mate.

In the mean time,

Cheers :D

I always forget to post the important info I was just took excited to post a picture of her. She was a wild picked ooth that I found here in ohio. I also have several more of the same types of ooths that I havent let hatch yet.

If you would show us a picture of the ootheca, we could most likeli identify.
Heres the other same kind of ooth that the one she hatched from.

aaa0323002030.jpg

I say T. sinensis. But I could be wrong, the mark in the arms makes me wanna say M. religiosa. It's one of the two. Nice find btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chinese mantises have a blackened coloration toward the connection of their fore-arms to their thorax. M. religiosa has a black dot further down with a white dot almost always in the middle. Also, the green eyes and brown coloration, the shape of the arms themselves, the black notch on the femur and tibia and the shape of the Ootheca all point to Tenodera sinensis.

Take good care of him or her. ^_^

Latest posts