Creo nymph help

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddah4207

Reaction score
So I recently paired my Creobrotor pictipennis and got a nice sized oothe. Now this was about a month ago, the oothe started hatch with six scouts. Now I have a few questions. When should I start feeding them? At least a few days from hatch time is what I heard, is this correct? And when should I separate them? Are hydei small enough or our do I need malogasters? I'm sure there are mie coming, but when and how many should I expect? Thank you for the time and help.

I always like to wait a few days with offering food but you can mist so they can have a drink right away. My Creobrotor nymphs all seemed to flee at hydei so I started them off on malogasters. I found that if given a decent amount of leg room and food, the nymphs could be kept together without too much cannibalism in the earlier instars. They can be a hoot to watch when they start having mini claw off dances with one another.

Wow sometimes I need to slow down lol. I went and read the dedicated care sheet and it answered most of my questions

Only question I still have, these first few "scouts" are just the start right? I mean 6 nymphs is ok but it's a big oothe and just thought there would be more. Is this species known to take their time hatching?

Latest posts