Creos, shields, and more creos...OH MY!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Manny molted today, and I caught him right at the end. I can't really tell if he's subadult yet, but I'm thinking he's got one more before subadult status.

IMGP6190.jpg

My male orchid decided to turn pink overnight

IMGP6176.jpg

gotta love em! They are a big hit the creos, and a lot of people rather have the wahllies, but I prefer the creos, so much more lively! :p
I really like the creos! The extra that you sent me is one of my favorite! Ghostie actually sent me another one with the female orchid, so I have........9 creobroters in 2 varieties! :lol: They're fun!

I have one creo left from Yen.

They are cool lil guys. I think I will have to ship this one out to somebody too so it has a chance. Probably should have sent you both of them but this one just finished molting and wasn't hardened up yet when I Sent the package.

They're like an orchid mantis crossed with a tiny flower spider or something.

So, Ironhide (c. gemmatus) molted into adulthood last night! Here's a couple shots of when she was pumping her wings out. Sorry they're not super sharp, they were taken through the plastic enclosure.

IMGP6308.jpg

IMGP6304.jpg

One of my Rhombodera sp. nymphs has turned a different shade then all the others since his/her last molt. It is now a pleasant brown color with red and green highlights whereas all the others are still bright green. Just thought I would share!

IMGP6359.jpg

IMGP6353.jpg

And now for the adult male orchid! He's awesome looking! He molted much more brown and yellow than I anticipated. I can't wait to see what the female looks like as an adult!

IMGP6396.jpg

IMGP6400.jpg

IMGP6403.jpg

Sticking the claws out. I assume it's a counterbalance thing because it always does it when I'm moving the container.
IMGP6532.jpg

Stunning pink! I can't take enough pictures of these guys!

IMGP6543.jpg

L1 ghosts

IMGP6556.jpg

On the end of the feeding tongs

IMGP6559.jpg

Awesome pics, but I always thought it was a defensive/camo maneuver because it's being disturbed. Love the orchid!

I hadn't thought about it being that. Interesting thought! They're such frisky runners if you freak them out too much! :lol:

I have noticed that my shields all seem to molt in strange places! They don't all hang from the top. I had one molt in a tiny cup on the way to a trade (normally!) and I caught this one molting off the side of the cup! Not the top, but the side. Never a dull day!

IMGP6561.jpg

Thanks! I love 'em. I baby talk to them like they're puppies or something, and my boyfriend just sits and stares....
blink.gif
Haha, I get enough weird looks from friends just for having them. Couldn't imagine what they'd do if I started talking to them like a kid or a dog. :rolleyes:

By the way, what camera and lens are you using?

Last edited by a moderator: