Creos, shields, and more creos...OH MY!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L2 ghosts!

IMGP6606.jpg

IMGP6603.jpg

IMGP6604.jpg

IMGP6605.jpg

Even though no one has been responding to my posts, I'm just gonna keep updating with my pictures of my babies! Got 6 L2 Gongys today from Yen and I'm in love again! :wub:

IMGP6937.jpg

I think it might be time to paint my nails again.....

IMGP6941.jpg

And also 2 Popa Spurca nymphs! I believe they're L1 or L2, but not for sure.

IMGP6952.jpg

IMGP6956.jpg

So there's my newest babies. I'll keep posting here if anyone cares to look! :lol:
sweatdrop.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
The Popa look interesting, ordering from Yen is always a great experience! I love the buggy eyes on the Gongylus.

How far apart are your male and female orchids? I've heard this is a big problem with the species, just curious if you've done anything to combat this.

I'm having this problem with my Phyllocrania pair. The male has been adult for about two weeks and I think the female is a sub subadult. She doesn't move or eat! They are very photogenic but their lack of size and appetite put them near the bottom of my list.

How far apart are your male and female orchids? I've heard this is a big problem with the species, just curious if you've done anything to combat this.
Well, my male has been an adult for about 2 weeks and my female has just molted in a subadult on Sunday 9/19. I'm hoping he'll hang on until she's an adult! There's just not a lot I can do about it. I keep the humidity up and feed the heck outta her cuz she eats EVERYTHING! My male orchid was a little picky, only wanting flies, but she does not care so long as it's moving! :lol:

The boys hold on till the girls are ready, u should do fine, and the ghost are really slow, but they will get it together when ready. ;)
I can't wait! I'm going to practice with my Carolinas probably this weekend. I've got a male just itching to get at my female!

The shields have this really beautiful iridescent strip on the backside of their eyes. It's so gorgeous!

IMGP7349.jpg

I also got some more shots of the popa spurca. One is quite a bit lighter than the other now. This is the lighter one that's sort of tannish. It's easy to see why they're the "twig mantis"!

IMGP7355.jpg

IMGP7356.jpg

And the beautiful orchid She's turning pink now, which over her last 2 molts, and in my male, means she's about to molt! I can't wait! She's just so awesome

IMGP7372.jpg

IMGP7376.jpg

IMGP7370.jpg

Oooh, nice pics! Did you get a new lens or camera?
Not just yet, but I'm about to! My financial aid just came through and that's one of the items on my agenda! The only difference from the others is my UV haze filter is on this lens instead of my other (more crappy) lens. :lol:

So, I took some size comparison pictures of her on my hand, and of him on my hand! She's HUGE, and he's tiny!

Orchie (female)

IMGP7487.jpg

IMGP7490.jpg

Krohl the Skull Crusher (male)

IMGP7494.jpg

IMGP7495.jpg

Next step, MATING!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, man. They are BEAUTIFUL!!! Make some babies already! I need some! :D

All really nice pics. I'll have to watch this post so I don't miss out again. The Violins look great too.