Cricket Lifespan

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Asa

Reaction score
Hey,

I started breeding crickets (finally) as I wanted them to become another staple food for my mantids instead of supplements. I got everything set up nicely and the crickets are growing rapidly, there is plenty of dead skin lying about. However the crickets I have are a small size. I was curious as to when the little guys become adult and start the breeding. Thanks for any info!

Ive also decided to breed crickets and they just laid eggs yesterday, can you tell me how long do they take to hatch? Thanks

I have not tried to breed them, but they seem to grow very quickly on the food I give them, they are fat and healthy looking. I usually have mine for 3 weeks and within that time then have grown quite a bit. If I get the 1/4 " ones they will live a good while, I dare to say a good couple months.

You had a topic on that I think...what happened?
I guess nothing. Some crickets got attacked by spiders and others just died... I guess from being too dry because I haven't spent enough time with them. This time, I'm doing better. Well, it's only been 2 days though. :p

A couple months? That's pretty good. I posted some pics in my blog about my set up, but it really doesn't seem to be much work. Just have to put some food in there and there fine.

good luck on the smell..im gueesing breeding crickets stinks!?i dont bother breeding them,there so cheape i just buy a tub every 2 weeks.

good luck on the smell..im gueesing breeding crickets stinks!?i dont bother breeding them,there so cheape i just buy a tub every 2 weeks.
I bother to breed them because I don't want to bother going to the pet shop every so often. Kinda ironic, huh? Well, I'm barely putting time into them so I hope it'll pay off. Oh, and it'll pay off if the crickets I breed don't end up poisoning my mantises.

Latest posts