Crickets got eaten...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MantidLord

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm having someone take care of my "original" stock of mantids before they ship them to me. And I got an email the other day saying that the crickets, which were stored in a large cricket container in the garage, got attacked by these http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16284346/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/crickets-song-draws-sex-parasites/

The crickets were kept in the garage because of the loud noise they make, which obviously lead to their downfall. So, anyone else experience this?

There are similar parasites that do the same thing to mantids.

There are several parasidic species like this atracted to different kinds of bugs.

The wasp is one of them.

I have keep cricks for several years but would totally freak and stick my head in the toilet

if I saw that in person!!!!! :wacko:

Oh yeah, I've had wild caught mantids infected with parasites, I have a video of one actually bursting through the abdomen :wacko: I just think it's interesting that they use sound to locate the cricket. And it sucks because they got to the cricket stash. If I saw it, I'd dump all the crickets out. For once in my life, I actually feel bad for crickets.

Latest posts