culturing Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpaceWolf

Reaction score
Hi

I was wondering if it was possible to keep several Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii together in one enclosure, I couldn't find any correct data concerning them. One site says they can't be put together, while others say they can without cannibalism if there is enough food. Was hoping for a more clear answer from someone who has experience with these little guys :)

I honestly wouldn't. I have a few little nymphs and they will eat things 4/3 the size of them. They have such sharp raptoral arms that they can hold on to about anything. 

But like said above, with enough space it MIGHT be possible, but I still wouldn't!!

too bad, I like the species, but to have only 1 in a terrarium that large would be a waste of space..

I really like them too. Fortunately they do not require very much space. They like hot, dry environments, and they are voracious eaters of all sorts including their own!

Hmm, I'm going to an event sunday with different reptiles and insects. I'll see what species I pick up then ^^, still figuring out to design the terra

You should consider violins
I'd definitely agree with Kermit. I've always held back on buying them due to price. But I was generously sent a couple of them and they are amazing! Very pretty and active. So cool looking. I will be getting more in the future!

Also forgot to mention, they seem more communal than ghosts imo. They don't even really look at each other lol

Let us know what you find!
Well I didn't find any nice mantis species, but I was so tempted to try something new, so I bought an olive house snake. Very fun creature, my gf didn't like him at first but she's already used to him xD

it's a cool starter, males only get to about 60-80cm, so they don't need that much space. 

mice, like the smallest ones I could find, it's actually so much easier than keeping mantids! You take one out of the freezer and feed that once in a week xD 

Haha that seems easy. Although I doubt I could get away with mice in the freezer lol

xD yeah, it's just a little box so no one sees it really. I have some pics too, his name (my gf chose it) is turtle 

21868131_1468261276583939_1401203951_o.jpg

21845670_1468261266583940_1926092515_o.jpg

21849022_1468261253250608_532419714_n.jpg

Latest posts