Deroplatys dessicata

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daermon1000

Reaction score
I paired my two up this morning, the male hopped straight on around 8:30am but did not connect until around 11:00am, he is still connected as I write this post (21:20pm).

Him as he hopped on

dessisjustclimbedon011009.jpg

Connected

01102009227.jpg

01102009228.jpg

Thanks for Lookin

John

I have babies of them now, any tips on keeping and breeding them? Is this your first generation?
Yes these are a pair I bought at our British Tarantula Society show back in may from a french breeder, I got them at 3rd instar and have kept them first in 1/2 pint pots then pint pots then sweet jars now the female has a large net cage they were misted every other day and kept at between 70*f and 75*f, feed on mostly flying food ie Fruit fly then green bottle's then blue bottles, although the female wont eat them now she takes 5th instar locusts for preference.

I have found these a real easy sp to rear and the breeding went like a dream yesterday no prpblems apart from the males over enthusiasm, had to wait 10 and a half hours for him to finish so I could take him back to his own enclosure safly.

These are a real favourite with me and I hope to keep quite a few of the resulting offspring for a good second gen.

Thanks for all your kind comments

John

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]coolnes man, you know what I think is odd that the leaf shield/pronotum it isn't hard it's soft I thought it would be hard.[/SIZE]

I hope all mine D.D. hatch soon.

[SIZE=14pt]coolnes man, you know what I think is odd that the leaf shield/pronotum it isn't hard it's soft I thought it would be hard.[/SIZE]I hope all mine D.D. hatch soon.
Hope yours hatch soon too, I noticed that the females shield is to protecting the males head during mating, its to stop the female seeing the male on her back, my male had is head tucked into the females shield all through the mating process, also known as keeping your head down lol.

Cheers

John

Latest posts