Dmina's mantid collection in progression 2014

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a small update... trying to keep current..

New to my stock Sybilla pretiosa - Criptic mantis

I had another Creo ooth hatch

and Acromantis japonica hatch

I also had success breeding my Orchids

Will update again soon.. I have not been taking pics lately... thanks for looking in ... Stayed tuned
Awesome!!

Oh my.... I didn't know you had Sybilla O.O
Yeah... I got those last week... They are really cool... look how thin that thorax is? I remove one mantis from my want list, and add two more...LOL

Thanks MantidBro... I can't get enough of these guys.. and I love sharing their pics... Thanks for looking!

Yeah... I got those last week... They are really cool... look how thin that thorax is? I remove one mantis from my want list, and add two more...LOL
S. pretiosa are cool!

IMG_7000_zpsoakd6mix.jpg

I want those too, theyre amazing x) haha my want list is never ending!

Thanks MantidBro... I can't get enough of these guys.. and I love sharing their pics... Thanks for looking!
Youre welcome! Same here, who could ever get enough? not me! lol

Your pics are great, i love your collection, keep up the good work

Sorry for the delay in replying baskmantids... Mine are eating hydei fruit flies, pinhead crickets, I am going to try a house fly next feeding.. and see how they act. My bug room right now is about 74 and 50% humidity... but in each container they have a coconut fiber - eco earth moist mixture on bottom... so I am sure in the cups the humidity is higher... This site is a good site for info... I hope this helps..

http://www.mantisonline.eu/index.php?lan=en&show=species_mantids_view&content={%22subshow%22:%22species_mantids%22,%22level_right%22:%22%22,%22level_left%22:%22stu%22,%22genus%22:%22sibylla%22,%22level_left_view%22:%22%22,%22level_left_species%22:%22index%22,%22species%22:%22pretiosa%22}

I wanted to share a breeding video with you all... to see how hard the male has to work to get some attention... I just love the drumming! Wait for it...LOL

https://youtu.be/3MMWNPTjoYo

I hope this video works...

I also had a hatch of Popa spurca nymphs last week... I will take pics soon...

Thanks for looking in... will update soon... I have some new things coming, they should be here soon!

Thank you so much for the link iv been looking for info on them everywhere. A guy was kind enough to tell me how he keeps his from ootheca to adult hood but thanks more sources for information on mantid's is always appreciated.

Well it has been a while since my last update.. I wanted to share my new family members with you... some of them do not have common names...

Aconstista species

Aconstista multicolor

D. lobata

Theopropus elegans (Banded Flower Mantis)

Last edited by a moderator:
Giant shield L4

Cryptic mantis L5

Egyptian pygmyL6

I also had a mystery hatch, when ooths don't hatch or I think are done hatching... I put them in a big container and glue the to the top.. There was quite the mixture of ooths in there and 1 or 2 hatched... so I am not sure what they are so if anyone is interested in some mystery nymphs..let me know... Here is a pic

Thanks for looking in... Things are always going on in the bug room... I have a few new ooths that I am waiting on to hatch... So I may have some more new nymphs to show you.. stay tuned!

Well it has been a while since my last update.. I wanted to share my new family members with you... some of them do not have common names...

Aconstista species

Aconstista multicolor

Caliris elegans

Theopropus elegans (Banded Flower Mantis)

Oh wow!! I never even heard of the first two! what a collection youve been building!! that first one looks so much like an ant! wicked cool!

Latest posts