Does this Ootheca look dead?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone. I'll definitely keep you guys updated as well. I think a brief period of rain (when they were outside) may have put them on "hold".

Funny that u should mention that! I found an ooth last nite, and like a dummy, pulled it off the fence and brought it in to the bugatorium and did not put in cup, lo and behold, this morning bright and early until tonight, still picking chinese babies off the ceiling, floor, cubboards, drill, fridge, boxes, hair,
laugh.gif
blink.gif
, windows, walls, waste can, excelsior bin, and anywhere else they decided to go. I do this one or twice a year, when do u think I will learn?
tt2.gif
oh , I digress, meaning the rain u think held them off, still a little cool outside and of course me room is warm and walaa!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a pic of one of the five I raised. Been looking around on the site, but how do I tell if Female or Male? When can they start to breed. I know this must have been asked, so if you have a link please let me know. Just want to thank everyone on this site who helped me raise!

IMG_0217.jpg

The adult in your pic is a male. Males are more slender with more abdominal segments. The males also have longer antenna. There usually good to breed in about two weeks after they have reached adulthood.

Here is a pic of one of the five I raised. Been looking around on the site, but how do I tell if Female or Male? When can they start to breed. I know this must have been asked, so if you have a link please let me know. Just want to thank everyone on this site who helped me raise!

IMG_0217.jpg
Thank you! I need to wait for the other four to molt, hopefully will have some breeders.

Latest posts