Easiest Food

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find flies and crickets have been the best for me, flies I dont need to stun with the front open enclosures just open the door open the container and let a bunch fly in

crickets I have had a few get loose but it is usually from me dropping them not getting loose from container

I have had more fruit flies than anything else get loose from trying to get from one container to the next

I find flies and crickets have been the best for me, flies I dont need to stun with the front open enclosures just open the door open the container and let a bunch fly in

crickets I have had a few get loose but it is usually from me dropping them not getting loose from container

I have had more fruit flies than anything else get loose from trying to get from one container to the next
How big is the container you keep them in? and what is it?

I haven't had any trouble with escapees from this container and I have 2containers one for large and one for small. Seems to work for me

Mealworms may be easy, but they're a poor choice for mantids.

Blue bottles are easy. Just hatch and feed off. I keep mine and feed them up with honey, but some people just throw the pupae in the enclosure and have them hatch into a mantis treat.

Crickets are the easiest staple diet to me. I have a breeder tank going and I produce more crickets than I need. I have my ten gallon set up with them at the moment. I like a proper tank because the walls are high enough you can get in there, and do things without worrying about escapees.

All time easiest feeders in my opinion would be waxworms. You don't need to feed them, store them in the fridge until use, and I can get them at a local pet store so I don't need to order anything in. I use them as a treat to add in some variety along with things I can catch outside.

Hmm. Have you tried the trick where you put tape at some point? They say that the crickets can't climb/stick so they fall

I have had a life long fear/disgust of crickets.

Especially the cave crickets from your basement.

AhhHHHHhhh!

But I have bought them, and offered them but none of my guys have eaten crickets or meal worms.

Not interested.

Hmm. Have you tried the trick where you put tape at some point? They say that the crickets can't climb/stick so they fall
Won't they get stuck to the tap? Not to mention all the other stuff that will get stuck to the tape. That just sounds messy. Besides, crickets don't climb up slick surfaces like glass or plastic. If they are getting out it is because they can jump and reach the top. Tape won't prevent that.

Latest posts