Euchomenella Sp. (Malaysian Long Necked Mantis)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yen_saw

Forum Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today, a species of long neck mantis ooth from Malaysia hatched out for me!!

The ooth is only 0.5 cm.

ooth2.jpg

ooth1.jpg

But the L1 nymphs are about 12 mm :shock:

hatch1.jpg

hatch2.jpg

Camera shy L1 nymphs

L1a.jpg

L2a.jpg

My guess is this species will grow up to be a long species at least 10 cm. Remind me of the E. Macrops i kept few years ago.

eucho1.jpg

Thanks guys!

I barely have enough time to feed all the hatchling
sweat.gif

Just today, besides the Euchomenella sp ooth, one ghost mantis ooth, one spiny flower mantis, and one Zoolea sp ooth hatched too...... help
e111de78.gif

Stop crying Yen, there's enough water in Texas right now, no need for you to go adding to it. lol :lol: Plus you know I am here for you if you need me :wink:

Stop crying Yen, there's enough water in Texas right now, no need for you to go adding to it. lol :lol: Plus you know I am here for you if you need me :wink:
:lol: me too be happy to take some mantids Yen..soon as i get the money... :cry: :roll:

Ha! Think i can flood the town sooner if i do this
f60952e1.gif
or this
d79df121.gif
....... :lol:

This could be Euchomenella Heteroptera as i was told by my friend who collected the wild adult female in Malaysia.

Ha! Think i can flood the town sooner if i do this
f60952e1.gif
or this
d79df121.gif
....... :lol:

This could be Euchomenella Heteroptera as i was told by my friend who collected the wild adult female in Malaysia.
Me too Yen! Don't forget me!

Congratulations Yen!!! Let me know if you decide to part with some :)