Favorite mantids

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is Prohierodula Laticollis personality wise?
Awesome, very jumpy actiony, they like to go to the bottom of enclosure, when they are afraid they make themselves flat like my rhomboderas. They run around a lot. My adult male liked to climb on me drink from my hand and he flied from hand to hand. My female was very friendly to me before she started laying, she had to be mated on my hand lol. Now she is eating like crazy and get scared easily. Love them to bits!!!

Craig Baker does business with Bartek, aka Exo. I thought foreign sellers werent allowed to sell here? Was that rule changed?
Craig Baker is in the US, and as such he can sell in the US. How or where he gets his mantids is a moot point and has no bearing on the forum or it's rules. As you mention the rules I will cover them as well.

Any member is allowed to sell here (as long as they are not penalized for breaking the rules), so no rules have changed in that regard. Members from all over the globe are welcome on the forum, and can list ads too; otherwise, it would not be fair to all members and needless discrimination.

Any further discussions of members not understanding the rules should read the rules they agree to themselves, and if needed PM a moderator. This topic is about favorite mantids and further posts about not understanding classified rules will be removed (and related ones have already). This topic has been discussed countless times already (especially to US sellers) and is very tiring as it can not be made simpler than this - if the seller is not in the US and you are in the US do not buy from them. Any other overseas seller ads to overseas buyers is 100% acceptable, and the point of the classifieds.

Regarding US buyers read classified ad rules number 4 and 5 - overseas/foreign sellers are not to target US buyers and US buyers are not to buy from them (I don't understand the confusion). Only US sellers are allowed to sell to US buyers, any other ads targeting US members are promptly removed (I personally review each new ad, and remove them as needed, and of course so do the other mods).

Also feedback for overseas/foreign sellers is not allowed by US members (read elsewhere online on importing mantids/insects into the US for the reasons). As the rules clearly state in rule 4, US buyers many not request material from overseas, so they will not have any feedback to leave anyway (or they are breaking the forum rules). Read more about that here, and the feedback rules on the top of the page itself.

The classified rules are as follows (they are at the top of the classified ad page themselves too and agreed to by any member if they use/read the ads)...

1. You must introduce yourself in the Introduce Yourself forum before placing an ad.
  2. This section of the forum is for MANTID sales and requests only. All other bug-related items should be listed in the "Other Classifieds" section.
  3. If you are selling or requesting/buying goods you must include your city, state/province, and country (in either your profile or in your ad). (To edit your profile, click the My Controls tab at top, then click on Edit Profile Information at left, then update your location. It will then appear under your join date on the left side of every post you make.)
  4. US members may not request material from overseas.
  5. Non-US members may not solicit US members in their ads.
  6. No 3rd Party sales. If it is not your item in your possession, you can't post an ad to sell it (on behalf of a friend, for example).

Since I've only kept Chinese mantids and as of very recent, orchid mantids, I am going to have to pick the Chinese mantis.

I love how each time I raise them, I learn something new, or see a behavior that I've never seen before.

They truly have personalities and they are a very interesting species. Great mantis! :)