feeders small than spring tails or = size?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colorcham427

Reaction score
Hey all, I am not sure what other feeders there are out that are super tiny? I have a ton of CB "rollie pollies" and the 1st instar of these sow bugs are TINY and a bright white lol as if they have no shell at all!!!

I have been collecting a ton of house spider egg sacks and a number of them have been hatching. These spiderlings must be 1/3rd the size of a d mel.

Any1 have feedback on using these as feeders for species such as theopompa servillei?

There are some extremely small varieties of springtail out there, 1/2 to 1/4 the size of those commonly available. Many dart frog keepers have started cultures of wild found tiny springs. The biggest drawback I can see is there unwillingness to stay above the substrate.

Grain mites are also really easy to culture, LOL....too easy.

You can also hold on to old melanogaster fruit fly cultures and towards the end of their culture life they produce stunted flies about 1/2 the normal size.

Im not sure these suggestions help or not, but I culture some tiny bugs for baby thumbnail frogs

Latest posts